Atlantic Cape Community College is offering those who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic the chance to take 2021 in a new direction, according to a press release.
Recently awarded a New Jersey Endures Grant, the college will use the funds to provide those who meet the requirements due to the pandemic the opportunity to enroll in one of the funded training programs.
Upon completion, participants will be prepared for a high-demand career.
Available training programs include:
- Retail, Customer Services, and Hospitality
- Culinary Arts and Cooking
– Certified Fundamentals Cook
– Culinary and Cooking Professional
- Health Professions Institute
– Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
– Phlebotomy Technician
– Paramedic Science Program
– Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Casino Training Institute
– Tables Games-Blackjack
– Table Games-Roulette
To be eligible, participants would be dislocated workers, long-term unemployed people, those who have been temporarily or permanently laid off, and self-employed individuals who are either unemployed or significantly underemployed.
For those interested in learning more, Atlantic Cape will host a virtual training fair on Dec. 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., when more information will be provided and questions will be answered.
To register for the virtual training fair, visit atlantic.edu/workforce.